Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Nanny Bloomberg": The NYTimes Centerfold

Not that New York City doesn't deserve him after extending the term limit for mayor especially so that they could enjoy life under Bloomberg for a third term, the mayor with nothing better to do is seeking a ban on the sale of sugary drinks in sizes larger than 16 ounces. As the folks at ConsumerFreedom.com wonder in this full-page ad they purchased in today's New York Times:
What's next? Limits on the width of a pizza slice, size of a hamburger, or amount of cream cheese on your bagel?
Go ahead, Dems. If you really want to see revolution, start messing around with our pizzas.


Note: I'm not a coffee-drinker, and even if I was I wouldn't be a Starbucks customer, so I had to look it up: At Starbucks, a venti is a drink size of 24 ounces, taken from the Italian word for twenty.

H/t: The Daily Caller.
__________

3 comments:

  1. I think my tourist dollars would be better spent elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to travel to NYC several times a year on business. It's no pleasure.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to New York City, home to the Statute of Liberty.
    No big sodas. No choice. No freedom.

    Freedom--without it, you can't do anything.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le7IV1ltgNE

    ReplyDelete