Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You Can't Make This Up

As pointed out by Lee Cary at American Thinker, and well worth repeating, Florida Democrat, Representative Alan Grayson, was "shocked to find out that NOBODY at the Federal Reserve" is keeping track of who got the more than $1+ trillion the Fed lent out since last September. Not to mention the whereabouts of $9.7 trillion in pledged money reported by Bloomberg.com, that NOBODY seems to know who is getting or for what purpose.

A trillion here, a trillion there. What's $9.7 trillion? According to Bloomberg:
The $9.7 trillion in pledges would be enough to send a $1,430 check to every man, woman and child alive in the world. It’s 13 times what the U.S. has spent so far on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Congressional Budget Office data, and is almost enough to pay off every home mortgage loan in the U.S., calculated at $10.5 trillion by the Federal Reserve.
I guess I'd better get back to work to put my share of earnings into covering that ocean of debt. Remind me about Obama's record of accountability and transparency the next time the IRS requires me to keep track of my savings account interest so I can hand over their cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment