Monday, March 8, 2010

Kill The Bill: A Call You Can Make Right Now (Updated)

I'm cancelling my scheduled post today to bring breaking news of a call you can make that could throw a monkey wrench into the Democrat's ObamaCare-at-Any-Cost machine.

Suspiciously, the Dems have been attacking some of their own in New York, not the least of which is Rep. Eric Massa, who has been accused of making inappropriate remarks to a male aide. Okay, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The Dems have not revealed exactly what those remarks were supposed to have been.

From Roll Call, via Legal Insurrection:
Massa maintained his comments were inappropriate, but he blamed "political correctness" and accused Dems of a setup. Massa voted against health care legislation in Nov., and he has not been a reliable vote for Dem leadership. That, he said, has put a target on his back.
"When I voted against the cap and trade bill, the phone rang and it was the chief of staff to the president of the United States of America, Rahm Emanuel, and he started swearing at me in terms and words that I hadn't heard since that crossing the line ceremony on the USS New Jersey in 1983," Massa said. "And I gave it right back to him, in terms and words that I know are physically impossible."
"If Rahm Emanuel wants to come after me, maybe he ought to hold himself to the same standards I'm holding myself to and he should resign," Massa said.... [emphasis, Legal Insurrection]
From Legal Insurrection:
Here is Massa's office contact information. Call or send an e-mail asking him not to resign:
Washington DC Office: 1208 Longworth House OfficeBuildingWashington, DC 20515, Phone: (202) 225-3161, Fax: (202) 226-6599, email here.
I tried getting through to the Washington number. No luck. Their phones are jammed. Massa's home page and contact page are down, too, with the message: "There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time."

I suggest trying one of Massa's local offices. The number at Massa's District Office in Corning, NY worked for me:
  • Phone: (607) 654-7566
  • Fax: (607) 654-7568
Mention Massa's health care vote.

Update: Hear some of the audio at Another Black Conservative.
Update: Nice Deb points out that Massa voted against ObamaCare in the House because the bill was not liberal enough.

More mud in the water is that Massa's district is fairly conservative (for New York).

Update: Massa is scheduled to be on Glenn Beck tomorrow. This is turning into Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment