|Egyptian men celebrate success of revolt against Hosni Mubarak on 2/11/11|
What Egyptians said they want:
• A much larger role in politics for Islam — 95%
• Death penalty for people who leave the Muslim faith — 84%
• Stoning of [female] adulterers — 82%
• Cutting off the hands of thieves — 77%
• Segregating women from men in the workplace— 54%
The following sympathies also will be influencing Egyptian voters:
• 82% of Egyptians dislike the U.S. — the highest unfavorable rating among the 18 Muslim nations Pew surveyed.
• 54% believe suicide bombings that kill civilians can be justified.
• Nearly half support the terrorist group Hamas.
• 30% have a favorable opinion of Hezbollah.
• 20% maintain positive views of al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden.
According to the IPD:
This empirical evidence refutes the sympathetic narrative broadcast as a continuous loop in the media over the past fortnight. Even after getting beat up by anti-American mobs, CNN's Anderson Cooper portrayed rioters as largely secular yuppies yearning for modernity and the triumph of human rights over martial law.__________
He and other media elite have it exactly backwards: Egyptians are revolting against Western-style democracy. The Pew poll reveals they do not, in fact, value our principles of individual freedoms, human rights and separation of religion and state.
It is plain they do not want what we want. They want an Islamic theocracy.